Thursday, August 20, 2009

Success!

So--I have finally met ALL the baby cousins! They are uniformly brilliant and beautiful, and took adorable photos, posing with their great-grandmother, my Grandma.

This is another thing that is cool about growing older, being able to see stuff like this. I can remember when the parents of the baby cousins were babies themselves, and here they are now, competent adults raising children. So cool, so very cool. I live long enough and of course the babies turn into cranky young people, but we will deal with that when we get to it. The beloved and I are looking forward to being the Crazy Aunt And Uncle Out In L.A.

Further notes on success. I found myself in downtown Claremont late-ish one evening this week, after the Spaghetti and Meatball special at the The Press, and 6$ all-day movies at the theater, rambling about with some ice cream and warm feelings for the little town. Even then, I ran into people I know, one of whom was dedicated to making sure I was safe and near my car. I could not have liked her more in that moment. I figured I must be doing something right to be living around people who will be this kind to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment