Sunday, May 17, 2009

Just Lusting

I discovered the Stanley London website. Oh my goodness gracious....

Sextants, telescopes, compasses, various optics and navigational helps, a few pocket watches, a heavy antiqued brass chain for a pocket item--compass or a watch. Lots of handsome functional brass and steel items. I desire most of them fiercely.

Now you know I have a perfectly funtional compass and a pocketwatch. Oh, but, but, but. I'm thinking that going steampunk would be a good style decision to support my wearing a bush jacket of peculiar design to accomodate all the little telescopes and compasses, and watches and whatever else, each fastened with its own handsome chain, (would I end up looking like a Victorian gentleman-gangbanger, with all the chains? Well not if I wear a skirt....) and the fountain pens each with different colored inks, and the collection of Moleskines (feh, yeah, the ones magically altered to take fountain pen ink! Feh.) Then my discreetly handsome leather knapsack can hold my colored pencils, and watchsprings and gluestick, and little stainless steel coffee thermos, and my Sigg water bottle, and a nice snack packed in a tiffin....

Well, truth to tell, I can do alot of this already, and I am well-supplied for places to visit once this well-provisioned. Sorta a grown-up Dora the Explorer I suspect....

No comments:

Post a Comment