Friday, May 29, 2009

What do I choose to look at?

I've grown viciously intolerant of divergent political opinions--wildly hating everyone who isn't as broadminded and tolerant as I am.

(Why yes I *do* intuit an incongruency there....)

Do I look at what feeds my fear and anger, do I look at what feeds my hope. How do I balance my knowledge that whatever I look at, the other options are there too?

I begin to think much of this comes down to hospitality. However much we think the world is fast going to hell, we seem to still all be going to hell *together,* so maybe we can still have some decent manners with each other even as we fight. Let us fight fair, with, yes, "good sportsmanship." No using the legislatures for revenge, but rather to make sure everyone gets their share. No killing people who don't agree with us. No claiming that God hates who we say God ought to hate.

Now that's one thing we can all get together on--how uniformly offensive God is to everyone's sensibilities. And thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment